Articles of Incorporation

(for Business Corporations and Non Profit Corporations and Associations)
KRS 271B.1 – 200 (Private Corporations)
KRS 273.252 (Non Profit Corporations)

The document must be:

  • Executed by one of the officers authorized in KRS 271B1-200(6) and KRS 273.252(6)
  • Filed with the Secretary of State FIRST.
  • The clerk is presented one exact or conformed copy having the stamp of the Secretary of State.

Indexing Information: Indexed in corporate index and filed in corporate records book under corporate name

Types of articles that are usually recorded are:

  • Amended and Restated
  • Articles of Amendment
  • Application for Certificate of Authority
  • Application for Amended Certificate of Authority
  • Application for Certificate of Withdrawal
  • Application for Reinstatement of Charter
  • Articles of Incorporation
  • Articles of Dissolution
  • Certificate of Authority
  • Change of Registered Office, Agent, etc.
  • Articles of Organization
  • Dissolution

Note: Nonprofit corporations do not receive a reduced fee. At one time, they did pay a lesser fee, but the fee now is the same regardless.

Debbie Jones
Boyd County Clerk

Boyd County Courthouse
2800 Louisa St.
Catlettsburg, Ky. 41129

Phone: (606) 739-5116
Email: [email protected]

Branch Offices
Cedar Knoll Mall
Phone: (606) 929-9595

Ashland Office
335 16th Street
Ashland, Ky. 41101
Phone: (606) 325-3547