Articles of Incorporation
(for Business Corporations and Non Profit Corporations and Associations)
KRS 271B.1 – 200 (Private Corporations)
KRS 273.252 (Non Profit Corporations)
The document must be:
- Executed by one of the officers authorized in KRS 271B1-200(6) and KRS 273.252(6)
- Filed with the Secretary of State FIRST.
- The clerk is presented one exact or conformed copy having the stamp of the Secretary of State.
Indexing Information: Indexed in corporate index and filed in corporate records book under corporate name
Types of articles that are usually recorded are:
- Amended and Restated
- Articles of Amendment
- Application for Certificate of Authority
- Application for Amended Certificate of Authority
- Application for Certificate of Withdrawal
- Application for Reinstatement of Charter
- Articles of Incorporation
- Articles of Dissolution
- Certificate of Authority
- Change of Registered Office, Agent, etc.
- Articles of Organization
Note: Nonprofit corporations do not receive a reduced fee. At one time, they did pay a lesser fee, but the fee now is the same regardless.
Boyd County Clerk
Boyd County Courthouse
2800 Louisa St.
Catlettsburg, Ky. 41129
Phone: (606) 739-5116
Email: [email protected]
Cedar Knoll Mall
Phone: (606) 929-9595
335 16th Street
Ashland, Ky. 41101
Phone: (606) 325-3547