I am Loader!

Foreign Judgment

County Clerks are often asked to record a foreign judgment. The statutes direct that a foreign judgment must first be filed with the clerk of the circuit court (see KRS 426.955 & KRS 426.960).

Once that has occurred a judgment lien may be prepared and filed with the county clerk according to KRS 426.720.

Susan Campbell
Boyd County Clerk

Boyd County Courthouse
2800 Louisa St.
Catlettsburg, Ky. 41129

Phone: (606) 739-5116
Email: [email protected]

Branch Offices
Cedar Knoll Mall
Phone: (606) 929-9595

Ashland Office
335 16th Street
Ashland, Ky. 41101
Phone: (606) 325-3547