Lis Pendens – Notices Concerning Proceedings in Bankruptcy
Any county clerk shall receive for record and record any certified or attested copy of any matter in reference to bankruptcy which any Act of Congress of the United States may provide for as being necessary to be filed in the county wherein lands of a bankrupt are situated in order to be notice of said bankruptcy.
The document must have the following information:
- The name of the person involved in bankruptcy proceeding (KRS 382.510)
- The trustee in bankruptcy or receiver (KRS 382.510)
- A legal description of the land involved IF there is land involved (KRS 382.440)
- The document must state the bankruptcy case number in which the action is pending (KRS 382.440)
- A preparation statement (KRS 382.335) (if court prepared may not have a preparation statement)
The clerk shall request a return mail address (KRS 382.240)
The document must be signed by the person or entity asserting the lien or their attorney or agent. The signature does not need to be notarized.
The statute says these are to be recorded in the deed book.
Indexing information: This document is filed in the deed book and indexed in the deed index per KRS 382.460. They are indexed under the names of each person whose interest in the property is affected. The first party is the person involved in the bankruptcy (grantor). The second party is the person bringing the action, the name of the trustee in bankruptcy or receiver (grantee).
Boyd County Clerk
Boyd County Courthouse
2800 Louisa St.
Catlettsburg, Ky. 41129
Phone: (606) 739-5116
Email: [email protected]
Cedar Knoll Mall
Phone: (606) 929-9595
335 16th Street
Ashland, Ky. 41101
Phone: (606) 325-3547