Medicaid Program Lien
This is a lien filed by the Commonwealth against all property of any provider or recipient who is found to have defrauded the Medicaid program. The notice of the lien is to be recorded like a lis pendens KRS 205.8471(3). The statute allows for partial releases as well as full releases of this lien. The Commonwealth would be the legal entity to record the lien or to release the lien. The recording and release fees associated with this document would be the same as a state tax lien.
The document must have the following information:
- The person or entity (Commonwealth of Kentucky) asserting the lien (KRS 382.440 & 382.200)
- The person, persons or entity upon who the lien is being filed against (KRS 382.440 & 382.200)
- A legal description of the land involved if available (KRS 382.440)
- The document must state the type of lien in which the action is pending (KRS 382.440)
- A preparation statement (KRS 382.335) (Most liens prepared by Commonwealth of Kentucky do not have a preparation statement)
The clerk shall request a return mail address (KRS 382.240)
The document must be signed by the person or entity asserting the lien or their attorney or agent. The signature does not need to be notarized.
Indexing information: Medicaid Program Liens are filed in the encumbrance book and indexed in the encumbrance index per KRS 382.460. They are indexed under the names of each person whose interest in the property is affected. The first party is the person or entity the lien is filed against. The second party is the Commonwealth.
Boyd County Clerk
Boyd County Courthouse
2800 Louisa St.
Catlettsburg, Ky. 41129
Phone: (606) 739-5116
Email: [email protected]
Cedar Knoll Mall
Phone: (606) 929-9595
335 16th Street
Ashland, Ky. 41101
Phone: (606) 325-3547