Plats – Condominium (Floor Plans)
Simultaneously with the recording of the Master Deed (Lease) there shall be filed in the office of the county clerk a set of the floor plans of the building or buildings. KRS 381.835. A condominium plat must have prior approval from the planning commission to be recordable in Boyd County.
Condo Plats (Floor Plans) require:
- The layout, location, unit numbers and dimensions of the units,
- The name of the property or that it has no name,
- Certification from a registered architect or professional engineer that the plans fully and accurately depict the layout, location, unit numbers and dimensions of the units as built.
- If the plans do not include a verified statement by such architect or engineer that such plans fully and accurately depict the layout, location, unit numbers and dimensions of the units as built, there shall be recorded prior to the first conveyance of any unit an amendment to the declaration to which shall be attached a verified statement of a registered architect or professional engineer so certifying as to the plans theretofore filed, or being filed simultaneously with such amendment.
- The plans shall be kept by the recording officer in a separate file for each property,
- Indexed in the same manner as a conveyance entitled to record,
- Numbered serially in the order of receipt,
- Designated “condominium ownership”
- The name of the property, if any,
- Reference to the recording of the declaration.
Condominium plats (floor plans) are not required to go through the planning commission.
However additional expense fees may be charged as similar to the plats if the planning commission requires consistency for the preparation of a blue line.
Boyd County Clerk
Boyd County Courthouse
2800 Louisa St.
Catlettsburg, Ky. 41129
Phone: (606) 739-5116
Email: [email protected]
Cedar Knoll Mall
Phone: (606) 929-9595
335 16th Street
Ashland, Ky. 41101
Phone: (606) 325-3547