Worker’s Compensation – Determination of Employer’s Compliance
RECORDING CERTIFICATE CONSTITUTING A LIEN IN FAVOR OF UNINSURED EMPLOYER’S FUND KRS 342.770
The Labor and Human Rights Commissioner shall record a certificate prepared and furnished him by the general counsel.
It will include:
- the date on which such claim was filed
- the date of the injury alleged
- the name and last known address of the employer against whom it was filed
- The fact that the employer has not secured the payment of compensation as required
After recording, the certificate constitutes a valid lien against the assets of the employer in favor of the uninsured employers’ fund for the whole amount that may be due as compensation.
Such lien shall be superior to the lien of any mortgage or other encumbrance thereafter created and shall continue for ten (10) years from the time of such recording, unless sooner released or otherwise discharged.
The certificate constituting a lien in favor of the uninsured employers’ fund shall be filed in the following offices:
- The office of the county clerk of the county in which the defendant employer resides
- The office of the county clerk of the county in which the defendant employer has its principal place of business
- The office of the county clerk in the counties where such employer’s property is located
- Recording and indexing requirements are the same as State Tax Liens. See section on State Tax Liens.
Recording and indexing requirements are the same as State Tax Lien Releases. See section on State Tax Lien Releases.
The Commonwealth is the entity asserting the lien and the only entity that can release the lien.
Boyd County Clerk
Boyd County Courthouse
2800 Louisa St.
Catlettsburg, Ky. 41129
Phone: (606) 739-5116
Email: [email protected]
Cedar Knoll Mall
Phone: (606) 929-9595
335 16th Street
Ashland, Ky. 41101
Phone: (606) 325-3547